1. Local chapter scholarship winners must be submitted by January 31 to the Perry Bryant.
2. January 15 - National Youth Art Contest (opportunity for all Jakes) Deadline More info about this contest is available at www.nwtf.org
3. Submit your Super Fund request for scholarship funds to State Chapter President
4. Banquet Season Begins (remember reports should be sent within 30 days of the event)
1. February – Registration of calls for NC NWTF/Southeastern Call Makers Competition. More info is available at www.ncnwtf.com
2. February 10-14 - National Convention in Nashville, TN
3. February 27 – Deadline for pre-registration NC NWTF Dixie Deer Classic Tarheel Open Calling Contest.
1. March 1 - Deadline to submit the State scholarship winner to Edgefield for the National scholarship consideration
2. March 4-6 – Dixie Deer Classic in Raleigh – refer to www.ncnwtf.com
for all the details
4. March 5 – State Calling Contest – location Dixie Deer Classic in Raleigh
5. March 4-5 – Call Makers Competition location Dixie Deer Classic in Raleigh
6. March 6 - State Board Meeting Raleigh
7. Spring Seed Subsidy orders are due in Edgefield
1. Jakes, WITO and Wheelin eventsmust be registered at least 30 days prior to the event to secure insurance coverage. Send all Superfund requests to the RD and State Chapter President
1. Make plans to attend your Scholarship winner’s award day and present the check in person. Please take photos and send them in for the state web-site.
1. June 1 - Conservation Educator of the Year nominations must be postmarked
2. June 15 – Chapter deadline to request an Education Box. – send your request to the State Chapter President.
3. June 25- Board Meeting Surry County
4. June 30 – Deadline for the complete list of Education Box to be received in Edgefield.
1. July 1 – Contact NC WRC for Law Enforcement/Wildlife Officer of the Year for nominations. – Need by August 15.
1. August 15 – Receive NC WRC for Law Enforcement/Wildlife Officer of the Year nominations. – Send to the Board of Directors for vote. Determination made by Sept 1.
2. Banquet Dates and Ticket orders due to Regional Directors for the 2014 season.
3. August 20 - State Sponsor Banquet
3. August 31 - All scholarship winner pictures are due in Edgefield for the Banner display at the National Convention
1. September 1 – Contact Edgefield for Jakes report status and Outreach fund status.
2. September 1 – VP - Contact the Law Enforcement/Wildlife Officer of the Year to allow time for information gathering for National submission – deadline is November 15 for package submission to Edgefield.
3. Education Boxes will be sent to chapters who requested one this month.
4. Fall Seed subsidy order must be placed
5. Roger Latham Award and Professional Award nominations must be submitted for consideration at the September Board meeting
6. Hall of Fame nominations must be received by the State President by the September Board meeting
7. September 9-10 State WITO W.O.W. Weekend
8. September 11 - State Board Meeting
1. October 1 All Director Award Names and Chapter Award info is due to Richard Plattenberger.
2. October 30 All Jakes reports must be received in Edgefield for State Recognition.
3. October 30 - Roger Latham Award nomination must be received in Edgefield
1. November 15 - Submit the Law Enforcement/Wildlife Officer package must be received in Edgefield by November 19.
2. November 30 - Submit all Jakes Event Award nominations to Edgefield
3. November 30 - Professional Award nomination to Edgefield
4. Submit your Superfund request for Turkey Hunters Care if your chapter is participating in this program
Note: The Leadership Event and 2016 Awards Banquet will be held January 13-14, 2017